Highlights of the meeting of the Board of Directors of the Raymond Irrigation District held Wednesday November 18, 2020 commencing at 9:24AM in the RID Board Room.
Attending: John McKee Chairman, Craig Palmer Vice Chair, Rod Wendorff director, Jason Miller General Manager and recording clerk, Cody Heggie Operations Manager, and Gordon ZoBell advisor as needed.
It should be noted that Provincial Health guidelines were followed during this meeting due to the CVOID-19 pandemic concerns.
The Agenda for the November 18, 2020 meeting was approved on motion by Craig Palmer and carried.
The Minutes of the October 21, 2020 board meeting were approved on motion by Rod Wendorff and carried.
- RID AGM and Plebiscite Expansion – Gordon ZoBell joined the meeting for this item. Speakers for the seminar and AGM are confirmed. An AV company has been hired so the meetings can be zoomed to online viewers. Unfortunately, the meal had to be cancelled due to new COVID restricts.
The plebiscite will follow the seminar and AGM, one week later, on November 26, 2020. The RID office will serve as the polling station from 10:00AM to 8:00PM.
On motion made by John McKee, Jason Miller is appointed as the returning office for the RID expansion plebiscite on November 26, 2020 and is granted the ability to appoint election officers as needed.
- IRP Update:
IRP 2341 – Hancock structure – The RID crew has prepared the site for the concrete structure to be poured in place. The contractor hired will be setting up the forms soon.
IRP 2356 – R8-1 – Cody Heggie reported that one road crossing is completed. The other will be done shortly and then the crew can start pipelining.
- Monthly Operations and Maintenance report – Cody Heggie showed a slide presentation of work performed over the past month.
- Irrican – Kelvin Kado was absent, but provided the following report:
Irrican’s year end is October 31, 2020. Kelvin will be working with Joyce in early December to assemble the year end information for the auditors.
- RID financial – Kelvin Kado was absent, but provided the following report:
All rate enforcement issues should be cleared up before the end of the year. A/R has been coming in steadily. EFT/etransfers has been very popular this year. We just made a large payment to IPEX for pipe for this year’s IRP project.
- Modernizations Agreement with Gov’t & CIB: A final agreement is set to be completed by mid-December.
- Sprayer – Cody reported that with the recent weather, the crew has been able to start constructing the new sprayer unit.
- Directors Items – there were no directors items
- Year-end bonuses: turkeys and hams – The board discussed past year-end bonus practices and agreed to continue with the past practices.
- RID Policy Manual – review deferred until the December Board meeting.
- Next meeting date – Wednesday December 16, 2020
- Motion to adjourn – There being no further business the meeting ended at 2:01 PM on motion by Rod Wendorff.