- The agenda for the meeting was approved on motion by Rod Wendorff and carried.
- The Minutes of the December 15, 2021 board meeting were approved on motion by Craig Palmer and carried.
- O&M Report and AIM Project Update:
The crew has been working on the 9 mile & north pipeline, but will be out of pipe shortly. Ipex will be able to send us a few loads near the end of January or the beginning of February. While the crew is waiting for pipe there are several other smaller jobs to keep them busy – finishing some work on RS4, cleaning ditch, and remedying some seepage issues.
- Staffing Update:
Jason reported that the ad for the water supervisor position will be in the January 20 & 27, 2022 Westwind Weekly and is posted on the RID website. The application deadline is January 31, 2022. Interviews and a hiring decision will be made in February, with an anticipated start date of April 1, 2022.
- Irrican – Kelvin Kado reported:
The Irrican year end and financials should be completed soon. The information is to the auditors. The AGM should be late January.
The funds from the sale of the first round of acres ($550,000) will be forwarded to 1st Choice Savings into a 1 year GIC at 0.95% = $5,225 of interest. This leaves $422,000 in operating funds, $1,474,000 in our DCW account and $500,000 in our Nation Bank account (this is the CIB and Gov’t of AB funds on our AIM projects to-date). We have accounts receivable of $475,000 from IRP #2356 (8-2 pipeline) coming from IRP in June.
On motion made by John McKee and carried, RID management is authorized to open a GIC account at 1st Choice Savings in Magrath, AB and transfer $550,000 from the sale of new irrigation acres into it.
Funds have started to come in from the 2 solar array projects. We are still waiting to receive the 25% grant for one of the solar arrays.
We have several ads in the upcoming Westwind Weekly’s: Stirling Director nomination deadline of February 24, 2022; the Water Supervisor Ad; and, a parcel addition to the district ad.
- Truck update – Jason reported:
The new trucks are still on order. We anticipate they will arrive in February.
- Website Buy / Sell Page – Jason reported:
We have a new page on the RID website for the sale & rental of irrigation acres and equipment within the RID. Parties interest in selling/buying or renting irrigation acres or equipment can forward information to the RID office and their ad will be posted on the website.
- Snowpack Report:
The Board reviewed the most recent snowpack report, which showed the snowpack is still in early stages, but is looking great and is above the up quartile so far.
- Project planning update – Jason reported:
- Cross Coulee Pipeline – detailed design is underway and staff is working on obtaining easements. This project will go to tender in mid April.
- GPS – Darin Wilde has started work on finding appropriate pressure reducers that will be needed for the project. Detailed planning is slated to begin in February /March.
- Stirling 18 extension – The line is designed and marked. We are waiting on pipe to begin construction.
- Welling #5 to Hill – This project is designed, but we need to obtain easements from landowners. This project will likely not begin until fall of 2022.
- Etzikom Weir line – This project is ready, but need to obtain easements from landowners.
- AGM Preparations – Discussion:
With having a future expansion on the horizon resulting from the Chin reservoir expansion, the Board discussed, in conjunction with the AGM, having a plebiscite public information meeting. The RID staff committed to preparing the public information package and to discuss a possible plebiscite with the Irrigation Secretariat.
- Directors’ Items:
No matters were brought forward.
- 2022 Election – Stirling Director:
The 2022 election is for the Stirling area. A notice will be appearing the Westwind Weekly. Nomination deadline is February 24, 2022. If needed, the election day will be March 10, 2022.
- Next Meeting Date
The next meeting is set for February 16, 2022.
Motion to adjourn – There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 3:08 PM on motion by Rod Wendorff.