- The agenda for the meeting was approved on motion by Rod Wendorff and carried.
- The Minutes of the December 15, 2021 board meeting were approved on motion by Craig Palmer and carried.
- O&M Report and AIM Project Update:
The crew has been working on the 9 mile & north pipeline, but will be out of pipe shortly. Ipex will be able to send us a few loads near the end of January or the beginning of February. While the crew is waiting for pipe there are several other smaller jobs to keep them busy – finishing some work on RS4, cleaning ditch, and remedying some seepage issues.
- Staffing Update:
Jason reported that the ad for the water supervisor position will be in the January 20 & 27, 2022 Westwind Weekly and is posted on the RID website. The application deadline is January 31, 2022. Interviews and a hiring decision will be made in February, with an anticipated start date of April 1, 2022.
- Irrican – Kelvin Kado reported:
The funds from the sale of the first round of acres ($550,000) will be forwarded to 1st Choice Savings into a 1 year GIC at 0.95% = $5,225 of interest. This leaves $422,000 in operating funds, $1,474,000 in our DCW account and $500,000 in our Nation Bank account (this is the CIB and Gov’t of AB funds on our AIM projects to-date). We have accounts receivable of $475,000 from IRP #2356 (8-2 pipeline) coming from IRP in June.
On motion made by John McKee and carried, RID management is authorized to open a GIC account at 1st Choice Savings in Magrath, AB and transfer $550,000 from the sale of new irrigation acres into it.
Funds have started to come in from the 2 solar array projects. We are still waiting to receive the 25% grant for one of the solar arrays.
We have several ads in the upcoming Westwind Weekly’s: Stirling Director nomination deadline of February 24, 2022; the Water Supervisor Ad; and, a parcel addition to the district ad.
- Truck update – Jason reported:
The new trucks are still on order. We anticipate they will arrive in February.
- Website Buy / Sell Page – Jason reported:
We have a new page on the RID website for the sale & rental of irrigation acres and equipment within the RID. Parties interest in selling/buying or renting irrigation acres or equipment can forward information to the RID office and their ad will be posted on the website.
- Snowpack Report:
The Board reviewed the most recent snowpack report, which showed the snowpack is still in early stages, but is looking great and is above the up quartile so far.
- Project planning update – Jason reported:
- Cross Coulee Pipeline – detailed design is underway and staff is working on obtaining easements. This project will go to tender in mid April.
- GPS – Darin Wilde has started work on finding appropriate pressure reducers that will be needed for the project. Detailed planning is slated to begin in February /March.
- Stirling 18 extension – The line is designed and marked. We are waiting on pipe to begin construction.
- Welling #5 to Hill – This project is designed, but we need to obtain easements from landowners. This project will likely not begin until fall of 2022.
- Etzikom Weir line – This project is ready, but need to obtain easements from landowners.
- AGM Preparations – Discussion:
With having a future expansion on the horizon resulting from the Chin reservoir expansion, the Board discussed, in conjunction with the AGM, having a plebiscite public information meeting. The RID staff committed to preparing the public information package and to discuss a possible plebiscite with the Irrigation Secretariat.
- Directors’ Items:
No matters were brought forward.
- 2022 Election – Stirling Director:
The 2022 election is for the Stirling area. A notice will be appearing the Westwind Weekly. Nomination deadline is February 24, 2022. If needed, the election day will be March 10, 2022.
- Next Meeting Date
The next meeting is set for February 16, 2022.
Motion to adjourn – There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 3:08 PM on motion by Rod Wendorff.