Under section 19 of the Irrigation Districts Act of Alberta (“IDA”), Districts can supply 1250 cubic meters (1 ac ft) of water annually to households for human consumption, sanitation, fire prevention, and watering animals, gardens, lawns and trees.
If you are interested in obtaining irrigation water for your household/acreage please contact the RID office to review an application. The approval of an application is based on proximity to RID infrastructure and availability of water near the parcel.
ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH TYING INTO THE RID INFRASTRUCTURE AND CONVEYING THE WATER TO THE PARCEL ARE THE LANDOWNER’S RESPONBILITY.
PLEASE BE AWARE:
- Our staff’s time and energies are focused on conveying water to permanent irrigation acres. If our staff are available they may assist HPA users at the user’s cost.
- In drought conditions HPA users are the first water users to be restricted.
- During times of high irrigation demand, water for HPA users may reduced or even unavailable.
- The current annual fee is $360 plus GST. This is subject to change.
- HPA users cannot transfer their agreement to another party, or allow others to tie onto their systems, or fill portable water containers.
- HPA users cannot flood irrigate. Doing so will terminate the HPA agreement.
- HPA users must have their irrigation method approved by the RID. Crop irrigation methods, such as pivots and wheel moves are not acceptable with an HPA agreement. Permanent irrigation acres are require for such equipment.
- Anyone using water without an agreement is subject to a $5,000 fine as per the IDA.